BUSINESS TITLE: RF Test Engineer / Product Engineer LOCATION: Onsite in Allen, TX JOB TYPE: Full-time
SUMMARY: Akash Systems is looking for a RF Test Engineer/ Product Engineer that will support the Texas design team in the development, integration, and testing of RF MMICs for their satellite systems. The engineer will help develop lab best practices, integrate RF test hardware thru software automation, and facilitate efficient designs characterization. The position is responsible for supporting multiple circuit designs with new test software, test bench development, and data analysis. The right candidate will have the analytical skills to review requirements, test plans, and test scenarios as well as the ability to effectively communicate and work with the entire MMIC design and system groups. The new team member should also be self-directed, organized, and have previous experience with RF test equipment and a familiarity with basic RF circuit design concepts.
- Build, automate and maintain RF / microwave / mm-wave test benches with equipment including vector network analyzers, load pull, pulsed IV, pulsed power meters, spectrum analyzers, and both manual and semi-automatic on-wafer testing.
- Design and develop RF test benches, fixtures, probes, and engineering evaluation boards
- Support testing, maintenance, and purchase of equipment in Akash’s expanding RF test lab.
- Design and run engineering validation testing and help summarize test data in written reports.
- Make recommendations for product, process, and production improvements.
- Capable of setting up and verifying detailed measurements from diagrams and/or verbal instruction.
- Minimum BS engineering degree or equivalent with 5 yrs. Industry experience
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities on multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with RF measurements including S-parameters, noise figure, power / gain compression, phase and time delay, harmonics, intermodulation distortion, and calibration procedures
- Experience with mechanical computer aided design packages and RF design software
- Able to assemble small items for a test environment including MMIC/MIC and solder assembly
- A basic understanding of the manufacturing and assembly processes such as chip mount, wirebond, and basic IC processing flows
- Good written communication and oral presentation skills. Must have the ability to work within a team environment and communicate recommendations for improvements.
- Language skills: modern scripting or equivalent test automation languages
- Additional skills such as PCB design, layout, or RF modeling a plus
For consideration, please submit your name, email and your resume below: